Sunday, April 27, 2014

Springtime Sunday

At this time of year the days need to be 30 hours long and the weekends need to be four days long. There's a lot to do. Two short days go by very fast. I've forgotten Saturday already, but I'm sure I was busy. Sunday morning I went out to Crozet to visit Daphne and her mom.  I helped her set up a container garden, which will be beautiful later this spring and summer when it's planted and in bloom. 

There's nothing quite like getting your hands dirty in fresh, spring dirt.  



Also in Crozet I have a couple friends who are fostering a mother and four puppies for Caring for Creatures.  I have given them a crate and loaned them a play pen and have been following the saga on Facebook but had never actually seen the pups, so I stopped by to meet them today.






This is the mother dog, Sadie.

When I got back home I mowed the dog yard, and then jumped on the riding mower to mow another chunk of the pasture before the rain that is expected this week.  I took Max out with me because I didn't have time for a hike today.  He runs quite a bit out there.




On Saturday the county was accepting old paint and other hazardous waste items so I had cleaned out a couple shelves (and a couple dozen cans) in Sparky's shed.  That started a shed cleaning project that included cleaning up my bird feeders, food containers, and re-starting my bird feeding operation.  I stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home from Crozet today and bought a ridiculous amount and variety of bird seed.  Clay helped me finish up with the shed cleaning and bird feeding project and there were birds on the feeders within minutes. 


No comments: