Sunday, October 6, 2024

We're off

Saturday I delivered Marvel and her litter of mini marvels to an extraordinary puppy foster out in Waynesboro. Marvel accepted her immediately and allowed her to handle her puppies immediately, I am sure they will all be fine. I spent the rest of the day mowing grass, cleaning the house, and eventually doing some packing. Our house sitter came out, met the dogs and we went over everyone's basic routines. He will be staying here with Norman, Paisley, Elvis, and Candace, a pretty easy group of dogs. As with Marvel, I felt confident that everyone will be fine.

Sunday morning we got up at 4:00 a.m. so I had to wait for the sun before taking Bailey out for a hike. Although we started early we weren't the only ones on the trails, but there were still plenty of deer to be seen so she enjoyed it. We did my favorite four mile route and then I took Bailey to her home away from home for the next two weeks. This is the first time I've left her since we've had her, but if anyone can handle her this place can.

I finished the mowing and gave Norman and others some time in the pasture and was still finished by noon. We'll head over to Richmond Sunday afternoon, hit a brewery or two, spend the night near the airport, and then we fly out very early Monday morning. I don't anticipate blogging for the next couple of weeks but will undoubtedly post some pictures on Facebook while we're away. Dogspeed everyone.




I took pictures of the four dogs and printed them out along with information for the house sitter.




In bed this morning with Elvis and Bailey.



The woods are still full of mushrooms. Most are plain white but then I saw these. I had to take a picture. 

One of at least six deer we saw on this morning's hike.


Norman will be moving indoors when we return from vacation.




No comments: