Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mail and Miscellany

Guiness is a rottie/dobie mix, one of a litter that I had a while back from a female rottie named Lilly. Lilly was adopted by a vet, who is the sister of a woman who adopted another rottie from me a few years ago, a lovely girl named Diana.



Anyway, Guiness was adopted out as a pup, and as you can see, she has grown. She needed a friend and playmate, but I didn't have another rottie pup at the time. As luck would have it, the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA had one, and I helped get them together with Diesel (left). Diesel is generally a pretty serious dog, but this is a rare pic of him smiling.



Samson (right) is happy and doing well in his new home. The cats aren't quite ready to accept him yet, but he is at least doing his part by not chasing them.


Bear (below) went home with his new owners and canine siblings today. Six weeks after heartworm treatment and about 10 days after neuter surgery that included removal of an undescended testicle. Bear has had a rough time of it, but he is the sweetest dog and was very much worth the effort. Bear is a dog who loves to have a ball in his mouth as much as possible.


Nothing much has changed on the personal/professional/employment front. I actually enjoy my part time job, which is somewhat disturbing in itself. I'm scaling back the rescue operation and beginning to come to terms with the new reality. Maybe it's not really new. There are some things I can do fairly well, but making money is not one of them.

No comments: