Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday morning

I haven't had a lot of inspiration for a blog post lately, but there is some good news to share. 

The Beast charmed his way into a new home in South Carolina on Saturday.  He has a new name, Tofu, and two new daddies.  He will need to learn to share living quarters with a small dog and a ferret, so they have some challenges ahead of them, I'm sure. 


I tried without success to get some new pics of the two shar peis running around the dog yard.  They were constantly in motion and the light was getting low, so mostly I got very blurry shots. 

Thor seems to be working out in his new home.  He's a young dog with a lot of learn, but he's coming along. 

I didn't do an adoption event this weekend.  We mowed nearly half the pasture on Saturday, Clay worked on Sunday and I did a shopping trip to Short Pump.  Belle still has stitches, Boomer is still too skinny, and Trooper is not interested.  I'm doing the Cat Splash Fever adoption event at the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA next Saturday.  I plan to take Belle, Buster (he is still their dog), Boomer, and Teddy.  VGSR is probably having something next Sunday as well, which I may or may not attend. 

Speaking of VGSR, they are sponsoring a golf tournament on October 1.  It's the third year in a row for this event and it is our single biggest fundraiser.  As is so often the case, there is one woman who is the driving force behind this event.    She started it and found sponsors, golfers, volunteeers, and all the things it takes to pull off something like this.  There is the tournament itself, of course, but also a dinner and fundraising auction afterwards.  There are also a lot of German Shepherds there, on the golf course and at the clubhouse. 

There is more information, news, and pics from past tournaments on the tourament's blog.  I think there is a Facebook page too, but I can't locate it at the moment.  They are looking for sponsors, golfers, or any items to donate for the auction. 

Finally, here is my favorite pic of Rocky and Shayna, still stuck in Utah, from her blog

Well, I didn't have a lot to say, but it has taken me nearly an hour to say it, so I guess I should get to work. That reminds me, I need to call the vet for an appointment for Daphne, who is still limping after a couple days of rest and Rimadyl. 






1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Your picture of the two shar peis together on this posting is 1 of my all-time favs.