Monday, March 31, 2014

Max and Maya on Monday

We finally saw the sun again today. I was beginning to doubt its continued existence. I can completely understand why primitive cultures developed religions based on the sun and other elements of nature. [I have a lot more difficulty understanding modern religions.]  Sacrificing a goat to secure the return of the sun and good weather seems like a small price to pay. After the cold, rainy day we had on Sunday, I would have happily chipped in for a goat if it would bring back the sun. However it happened, I was happy to see the sun today and took advantage of the good weather for a nice five mile hike with Mad Max. I hadn't walked with Max in a while. I have to be in the right (good) mood, and feel rested and strong enough. I've given up keeping him with Ochie and Charlie in the dog yard because the behavior it brings out in all three of them is just more than I can stand. It's not a good combination and it's not healthy for any of them or for me.  Since he's been confined to the kennel I felt I owed him a good hike and we had one today. Today's hike brought me up to a total of 128 miles for the month of March. I'm going to the vet on Friday and will get on the scales again.


I finished my work early, Clay is still out of town, and I had nothing to do for the evening so Maya and I went to James River Brewing in Scottsville. I owed her an outing too. She's been taking advantage of warm weather to do more and longer walkabouts on her own, so I've kept her inside for the last couple of days in order to keep her at home. It's good for Trinity anyway because the two girls play well together, but I know Maya needs excitement in her life.

She has several fans and friends at the brewery and she enjoys herself when we go. It's so different from our first public outings where she was shy, scared, and tried to hide in the corner under a bar stool. She lets strangers not just pet her, but love on her, and she even seeks it out, although she always keeps an eye on me.







No comments: