Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The big man gets bigger

I didn't have time for a hike today, but I had to make a trip to town so I took Diesel and Maya along for the ride. We made a stop at my vet's office just to use their scale. I didn't have the nerve to get on it myself, but I wanted to weigh Diesel to see if he was gaining any weight.

It's not the same scale he was weighed on when he was neutered almost two weeks ago, but assuming they are both accurate, it appears that he has picked up at least two pounds over the past two weeks. 

He's eating eight cups of food each day and his poop is great, so he should be gaining weight and it looks like he is. The skin is still an issue, but I think a bath with a medicated shampoo will help sort that out. Maybe one day soon we will do that. Giving him a bath in the tub is going to be interesting. 

Scooby, the new lab boy, is doing great. He was fine in the crate at night, and fine in the dog yard during the day too, although he wanted to come in. He's hanging out downstairs in the front room with Clay this evening. 






No comments: