Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Better than nothing

Clay had a cold and I seem to have picked it up. He was mostly coughing, I'm sneezing and congested. Not pretty, not fun, and not productive. I was so sore yesterday that I did two miles on the elliptical machine indoors just to stretch and move, but I hurt worse afterwards. The fucking rain finally stopped this afternoon and the sun came out, so I took Maya out to walk the relatively dry and solid roadways at Pleasant Grove. We got in 2.5 miles and it was enough for the way I'm feeling today.

I figure that a little walk and exercise is better than none, just to stay in the habit. I'm sticking to my diet plan too, rather than succumbing to the temptation to make myself feel better with gluttonous amounts of comfort food.

I took Maya on today's walk for two reasons:  (1) I needed a non-puller today; and (2) the weather this morning was so unpleasant that Maya had skipped her usual pasture and neighborhood romp. I figured that she needed the outing and she did seem to enjoy it.






No comments: