Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse day and flowing fountains

I worked quite a bit this past weekend so I felt no guilt about taking off most of the afternoon to watch the eclipse and work outdoors. It was a beautiful day and the clouds held off long enough to see the eclipse. I wasn't really planning to view it directly but Clay brought home some eclipse viewing glasses from 7/11 that I'm sure were of the highest quality. 

I'm glad he did because it was pretty cool to watch even though we weren't in the path of the totality. I had seen a total eclipse back in 2017 and really enjoyed the experience. Today I just worked outside this afternoon, getting my fountains flowing again, stopping occasionally to view the progress of the eclipse through the glasses as the sky grew dim. If you didn't know it was an eclipse and didn't look up, you'd just have thought that it was cloudy. Actually the clouds held off until the eclipse reached its maximum (about 80%) here, and then the clouds did move in for a while. 

The dogs hung out with me and I got most of the garden fountains set up and flowing again, including one new one. And then there was some pasture time too, of course.

Cosmo, Della, and Elvis

Maya

Della

Elvis

This fountain is new this year.


The lotus blossom plant is beginning to sprout.

This is my oldest fountain but I gave it a new reservoir this year.

Elvis watching from the front porch.

Candace wants to be out with everyone else, doesn't want to miss out.




Cosmo and Candace


Norman looks like he just came from the gym.

Bailey runs and runs and runs out there. 
I'd love to put my phone on her sometime and track her mileage.

Ford and Paisley



You can really see the Malinois half of Norman when he's running with Bailey.

Ford's adoption fell through due to an issue with the other dog in the adopter's home.

We are back to square one looking for an adopter for this sweet boy.


Elvis really liked this bed on the porch.


No comments: