Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Walking again

It's been over two weeks since I posted pictures of dogs out on a walk with me. I'm not sure when I've gone that long without featuring pictures from a dog walk but it's because I haven't walked since then. Two weeks ago on Monday I had two diseased toe nails surgically removed, one from each foot. I'll spare the gory details but I haven't been able to hike since then, and the doctor still wants me to be wearing open toed shoes, although he has no idea how impractical that is around here. Anyway, stitches are out, pain is much better, and I decided to try the two mile walk up at the park again today. I took Delvis, who were the last two I walked as well. They seem to need it the most. 

The other reason my activity has been somewhat limited is that Clay's car has been in the shop for the past two weeks. On the way to my doctor's appointment we hit something that had fallen off of a truck in front of us. It was quite solid and did quite a bit of damage to the transmission, steering column, and exhaust system of Clay's car. He's been driving my van to work leaving me stranded at home much of the day, although that hasn't been too inconvenient since I wasn't walking much for at least the first week.

My feet are getting better and Clay's car is getting fixed, hopefully soon. I took Della and Elvis out for the two mile walk this evening because we were all bored with being stuck inside because of this weather. It felt good to be moving again. I really need to get back onto the diet/exercise bandwagon after falling off at the end of last year. 











No comments: