Sunday, March 31, 2024

Strange Sunday

It was a weird sort of day. We had brunch with Clay's mother in town, which was nice, and then I had to take him to work because we've been down to one car for the past couple of weeks and will be for another, but that's another story and not a particularly interesting one. Anyway, I dropped him off at Patch in Gordonsville and then headed home planning to do as much yard work as the questionable weather permitted.

My plans necessitated a stop at Lowe's but it was closed for some reason so I couldn't work on the new fountain project. I did get my new perennial bed planted and I mixed potting soil and filled all the new planting containers I brought back from Kentucky to add to my flower gardens. It's too early to plant annuals but I got the planters ready for them and did some more clean up work in the flamingo garden. 

About the time I finished all that it was started raining hard enough to make me go inside. I delivered one of the doodles (Chips) to her new foster home, and then decided to take Della to Patch for a beer before we picked up Clay to come home.

It was the perfect day and time to take Della, who hadn't been to a brewery in quite a while. It was towards the end of the day, and a slow day at that, not too many people, and most importantly, no other dogs. Della prefers to be the only dog because she wants to be the center of attention wherever she goes. All the people who were there eventually made their way over to meet her and tell her how pretty she is. Plus there were treats. Della was in her element and I enjoyed a couple of beers waiting for the place to close. It wasn't the most productive day I've ever had on a weekend, but I was happy to get some planting done.

Standing at the bar, Della is as tall as many of the customers.













Here's my new raised bed planted with perennials. Most of them I just bought yesterday, but on the far right are some peonies that came from my mother and grand mother. I just barely managed to keep them alive for the past several years because I didn't have a decent place for them until now.








No comments: