Thursday, September 24, 2009

Boo Boo is eating, Bruno is loving life

I'm happy to report that the day after I wrote the post about Boo's hunger strike, he started eating again. He's still a little skittish, but he is great with the other dogs and at least now he is eating when he wants to.

The post about Boo brought about an email from the adopters of a former foster, Rocky. (Not the pathetic looking and deaf Rocky that I had recently--I still have him.) This Rocky is a rottie or maybe Swiss Mountain Dog mix, and his new name is Bruno. Bruno is reported to be a smart dog; he knows how to sit, lay down, stay, go to bed, speak, and roll over. Apparently he has learned everything his owners can think to teach him. I expect that if we talked to Bruno, he would have a longer list of things that he has taught this new owners.

Bruno's new family are young, active people and he's obviously very happy. They adopted another dog, Deoji, from a shelter that was relunctant to put him up for adoption because he was so fearful. Fortunately, they saw through that, Bruno told him that he had nothing to fear, and now he's a very lucky dog. Going from a shelter where he had little chance of adoption to this home is like a street person winning the lottery.

I told someone the other day that I was about finished with rescue work, but then an email and pics like these comes along.

No comments: