Thursday, December 24, 2009

The perfect gift

Hannibal's new dad came for him on Wednesday. He's going to be off work until New Year's so it was a good time to bring home a new dog. Hannibal is a great dog, but he has taken to jumping my fence and had to be confined to the outdoor kennel or a crate in my office, so I was happy to see him move on. His new home has an electric fence, so jumping won't be an issue there.
It's a great home, he has one of my former fosters as a new brother, and I think he will fit right in.


Hannibal's adopter came bearing gifts as well, 7 bales of fresh staw. It may not be on everyone's christmas list, but it is right at the top of mine. With 2' of melting snow and about an inch of rain predicted for tomorrow, there is nothing we will need around here more than straw. It is the best insultor in the dog houses, igloos, and sheds, and it is the only thing that helps the winter mud problem.

No comments: