Monday, July 13, 2009

Second Chances

Last weekend, Chance's new family came back to complete the adoption paperwork. He's happy, they are happy, I am happy.



We also had a visit from Tippy's new family. She is looking really good and really happy.




I received this photo of Jake, a former foster, who has a mom and grandparents who dote on him. Jake was a trailer park dog who was dumped so his owners could raise pit pulls to support their meth habit. Jake was always a happy dog, but now he has a real reason to be happy. It was one year ago that he was adopted.


Do you remember Jeep? His new owner sent me back my kennel license tag with a note that said, "Things are going REALLY well." Jeep seems to be entirely over his shyness, at least with the people who matter, and his chocolate lab sister. This is one of my favorite pictures of both of us.


Here is a picture of the recently-adopted Justin and his new brother cooling off during a hike. Justin and Jake (above) both went to homes of people who had previously adopted from me. They are really, really lucky dogs.

And of course, there's Rocky. He's just amazing. I don't know if it's just the prednisone talking but he seems to feel great. The ears are still sensitive, of course, but his face is looking a lot better. He has a long way to go yet, but I think he's going to be ok. I had a very nice, rolled leather collar that I had found once on sale and had been saving for a special dog. Rocky is wearing it now.

Someone else walked into the vet's office and paid a big chunk of the rescue's bill for Rocky. We can't thank you enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly heartwarming post. It's wonderful to hear about their happy endings. As always, thanks for everything you do.

Bud's Buddy said...

I often think that in animal rescue you see the worst side of humanity ... and also the best side.

Kathleen said...

That's wonderful for Rocky. And, of course, I'm happy for Chance and all your other former fosters. Thanks for doing what you do.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

If I come back in the next life, I want to be one of your animals companions. I wanted to say 4-legged, but I could come back 3-legged! (smile)