Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beautiful Buckley

Sunday was Buckley's day. I had received a half dozen inquiries about him this past week since he was posted on the VGSR website. When we arrived in Gainesville, there was a crowd of people there and several who were interested in meeting him.






I pretty much expected to place him today. He's young, good looking, and as friendly as any shepherd I've ever met. There is just not anything not to like about this dog.


Although I always stress that it is not a first-come, first-served process, in this case I liked the first people I talked to today and I didn't see the need to look any further. They are experienced dog owners, including a prior shepherd. Their children are grown and away from home. They have a large suburban yard and a 6' fence. They bought him good food and a nice size crate.

With everything going on this week, I really didn't have a chance to spend much time with Buckley. He is low-key and not nearly as demanding as many shepherds. We probably won't remember each other in six months, but that's ok. I wish they all were this easy and got adopted this quickly. I probably disappointed a number of people by moving him so quickly before some of them got a chance to meet him. That's ok too, this isn't a people-service activity, it's all about the dogs. The quicker he gets into a good home, the better off he will be, and besides, it's one less dog I'll have to board when we go away this next week. I'm particularly glad he got adopted before these pictures, taken today, hit the website. I would have been flooded with inquiries.

No comments: