Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Groot, Grady, and Peter Chang

Groot went to the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA this morning to be neutered. He was a sweet boy through it all and everyone there loved him. [I am Groot.]
Grady made the drive with us this morning, after which we dropped off the recycling and I stopped by the vet to weigh in. I was back to my pre- New York weight but nothing less, which was fucking discouraging considering I've walked 200 miles since then and I eat like an old woman. Obviously I have to know hunger.

I came home after delivering Groot, did a little more work, and then took Grady out for our first five mile hike. He was good. After stepping on his feet and heels enough times he finally realized he should walk beside me or behind me rather than directly in front of me as he is wont to do.  






Peter Chang and his interpreter
Hunter, the brewer from
Champion Brewery
After picking up Groot in the afternoon, Clay and I headed into town for a beer dinner featuring Peter Chang's food and Champion Brewery's beer. It was tasty and fun. We met some good people and had a great time.




















We leave town on Saturday evening for two weeks in the UK. In an effort to make things easy for our house sitter / dog sitter, I've set up four crates in the kitchen. This gets everyone indoors at night and during the day as needed. We'll board Trooper, as always, but that still leaves nine dogs at home.



Left to right: Grady, Groot, Max, Ochie, and Trooper's nose and tail

A sheet over the side of Ochie's crate forms a visual barrier that keeps everyone calmer.


1 comment:

Britta said...

Hi Brent,
Keep up your great walking pace. It has got to be improving your vital signs and maybe you have hit your set point? I am doing Fitness for Life, so we will see how that goes. Enjoy the UK. Can't wait to see the bling for the dogs. Always interesting.
Enjoy!
Sharon Swan