Monday, June 29, 2015

Lazy Days of Summer

Maya and I walking the levee in Scottsville
as a train passes by. 
I was driving into town on Friday for something or another and my air conditioning system goes out. Not long thereafter the battery light comes on. I'm thinking about what all may have gone wrong and start shopping for Jeeps in my head. I also remembered the smell of burning rubber coming from my car recently. I know next to nothing about cars, but I put 2 and 2 and 1 together and theorized that my serpentine belt had broken. I long ago stopped doing regular maintenance service on that vehicle so it was entirely plausible. I got home, looked under the hood, and found no belt where a belt should have been. We got the car to the shop but it was too late for anything to be done about it on Friday so I was without a car all weekend. 

The James River in Scottsville is running very high right now.
Saturday was a rainy day and I had just gotten back home so I was content to stay home and vegetate for the day. One day of that was enough, however, and Sunday broke as a clear and sunny day. I drove Clay to work at the brewery in Scottsville so I could have his car. Maya and I did a hike around Scottsville. It was new territory for both of us so that was fun. We ended back at the brewery when it opened at noon, had a couple beers, and then went back again in the evening before closing to bring Clay home. 

Still no car on Monday. I finished work and was bored, but the van should be ready on Tuesday. I'm medicating my foul mood with beer Monday evening with only limited success. The pictures are from the past couple days. We've had a lot of rain and everything is growing and doing well.




Maya relaxing after our 3.7 mile hike while I had a beer.
Just up the hill from the brewery is
this cemetery for those who died in
a confederate hospital in Scottsville.




Some of the daylillies growing in our pasture.






The container garden is growing right along.









Maya trying to place an order at the bar.
They were out of Milkbones but Clay took care of that today.


No comments: