Saturday, April 13, 2024

Mercy's first walk

Mercy's first walk was late Friday afternoon, at Pleasant Grove with Elvis. She wasn't terrible on the leash, but my back, arms, and shoulders got some good exercise. 

Mostly she was just happy and excited to be out and about. She didn't drag me along, but she didn't know how to walk a straight line. There was lots of back and forth from side to side, and (what I really hate), too much crossing behind me, which wraps me up with the leash. A lot of the issues we had wouldn't occur if we had been walking on a narrow trail rather than a wide roadway through the park. But still, all things considered, it was a pretty good first walk. We'll do more. 












As many have said, she's a very good looking dog - classic shepherd from nose to tail.

No comments: