Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Mercy, Odie, and Bailey

I got Mercy out for the two mile walk at Pleasant Grove early this afternoon. She was really good today. The leash was always slack and I didn't have too much difficulty keeping her on my left side, whether she was leading, following, or walking by my side. 

Later in the afternoon a couple came by to meet Odie and I think they are interested in adopting him. Odie is a bit scared of strangers, not aggressive, just fearful and suspicious, so it took a little time to get him over that. They were patient, however, and he came around. Curiously, he displayed a preference for men, accepting the husband quicker than the wife. It reminded me of a line from The Simpsons when Marge was attempting to explain to Homer that his new friend (played by John Waters) was gay:  

    Marge: He prefers the company of men.  

    Homer: Who doesn't?

I do seem to recall from Odie's intake that I was told he was the husband's dog (former owners were getting divorced), so that may explain his preference. And of course he's only been around men since coming here. 

Anyway, the woman was quite taken with Odie and I'm sure he will feel the same about her in short order if the adoption goes through. 

We had leftovers for dinner so I had time to get out for another two mile walk, with Bailey this time. The carnival is in town, it opens tomorrow, so there were sights and activities beyond the normal park activity to keep her interested and entertained. 







This girl is classic beautiful shepherd in every way.

Odie having some quality chew time with a Benebone this afternoon before his meeting.





It wasn't a big rock, but she still did her "up" when I asked for it.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Mercy jas such beautiful eyes