Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Multiple adopters

If I adopt a dog to someone, chances are good that I like them well enough to adopt another to them at any time. There is really no finer compliment anyone can pay me than to come back to me for another dog when they have an opening or just want to expand their pack. There is one adopter who had three of our dogs at one time, two rottweilers and a shepherd, although one of the rotties has since passed away.

Ares (or Aries) is a rottie who was abandoned at a boarding kennel. The folks who run the kennel are wonderful dog people and are breeders of champion Anatolian Shepherds. They contacted the SPCA director who contacted me, etc. Ares was a great boy, but was stressing out in the kennel and was dropping weight like crazy. You can see how thin he is in the pictures above and he had scratched up his face on the kennel.

He was adopted by a wonderful couple who live up near Warrenton. They had previously adopted one of Lilly's rottie/dobie pups from me and they already had a saintly female rottie named Ebony, who took it upon herself to raise the puppy.

I'd glady give them any rottweiler I had, anytime they want one. Great rottie adopters are few and far between, but when you find one, they are the best. Here's a couple of recent pics of Ares, who is now a hefty 120 pounds of love.

No comments: