Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chance's big day

I took Chance and Gemma to the VGSR adoption event in Gainesville on Sunday. Gemma has a choice of several good homes, which it good for her, but tough on me and the people who don't get her. But that is my problem, not hers. All dogs should be so lucky.
We also had a reunion of sorts, a reunion of two of my former fosters anyway. Both were adopted by VGSR volunteers, and I really love placing my dogs with our volunteers because I know them and I know their level of committment to the dogs. The handsome hunk of dog on the left is Liedo, formerly known as Cypher. In the center is the lovely and talented Gemma, and on the right is Britta, another beautiful, female shepherd. Both Liedo and Britta came out of local shelters and ended up in really great homes. Needless to say, I didn't have them long.
But the day really belonged to Chance, who went home with a family on a trial. As I've said before, Chance really works the crowd at an adoption event. He's a natural politician, kissing babies and hugging everyone within leash range.
He's got two boys of his own and experienced parents, so I think it stands a good chance of working out. I sure hope so. Chance is a great dog, he just needs a chance to the right home.

1 comment:

deannie said...

I love Chance! I will have to tell my little 12 yr old friend since he was her first pick all along. Let's hope for the best for that lovable lug.