Monday, June 15, 2009

Six dogs in two weeks

This is a record rate of placement for me, 6 dogs in 2 weeks. Here's some news and updates on their stories:

From the new home of Marine (now known as Sarge): Hi everyone! So glad to be able to share happy things with you. I appreciate so very much what you do and how well things have worked out for me personally. I am just beside myself with happiness. . . . they are a never
ending source of delight.


From Frisky's new mom (fostering became adopting): Ok I admit it I'm a foster failure...I'm keeping her. She's a really good girl no accidents in the house so far and just a great girl. I may have to change her name to shadow since she follows me EVERYWHERE. I have a problem getting out the door in the morning to go to work because she keeps trying to squeeze out the door with me.


From Filly's new home: She is still struggling with stairs, down is easier than up. For up she hesitates and then almost throws herself up the stairs - or cries for Miles to carry her. She indicates when she wants/needs to piddle and seems happy - we're very happy.



Brady went to his new home on Friday so they would have the entire weekend to spend with him. He has a 8 year old boy of his own and parents who had a life-long experience chasing after a husky. I'm thinking that Brady should be a piece of cake after that.


Samson went to his new home last Saturday. He lives on a 65 acre farm that his new dad uses to grow fresh vegetables for a food bank. He's a good man and has had dogs all his life. Samson probably bonded with his new owner within 10 minutes of my leaving, and hopefully Samson will have found his home at last.


From Tippy's new home, where she has a big brother named Mo: Hi all, just wanted to thank you for two wonderful dogs. Mo barks and jumps when other dogs come around. He did the same when he first met Tippy. She gave him a look that seemed to say “tell someone who cares” and ignored his behavior. By the time we made the trip around the parking lot at Pets Mart, Mo was in love and Tippy was looking at him saying well I guess you’re ok, but pushing me around isn’t going to happen.

Mo is 90 pounds of raw muscle and Tippy is a very petite maybe 50+ pound female. She was not impressed and let him know it would take more than muscles to win her heart. When we got home he brought her every toy he had in the house, her reaction was, that’s nice and walked off. She was too busy checking out every room and everything to play with him. But she did want to keep him in site without him knowing she was interested. Tippy was treated to a light lunch and a trip to the Eaton Doggie Spa. Then it was nap time and they went into their crates. Of course the crates are in the living room where else would you keep them?? Both were tired and are sleeping as I type.


Six dogs in two weeks is wonderful, but of course they could all come back tomorrow. Let's hope not. I was very, very happy with all of the adopters and what they had to offer each dog. It sounds like neither of the two rotties mentioned in my last post will be coming my way after all. However, there is a new young male shepherd heading here this week.

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Excellent job! We really appreciate all that you do to help the dogs find forever homes.