Sunday, June 21, 2009

Easy come, easy go

Gemma and Justin both came in this past week, Gemma just on Friday. Both were in prospective new homes by the end of the weekend. They were both beautiful and highly adoptable dogs so I expected them to turn over quickly, and they did.

A young couple from northern Virginia drove down on Saturday afternoon anxious to meet Gemma. They are great folks and will be a great home for her, so I'm hoping that everything goes well. They are taking in a small dog from retiring parents that Gemma will need to adapt to, but they are young, active people that should be a great home for Gemma. I had her for less than 24 hours and I'm glad because she was accustomed to being in a home and needed to get back into one as soon as possible.

Justin went home from the VGSR adoption event in Sterling on Sunday. He has to demonstrate that he can live with cats and make friends with the other dog in the home. The cat thing seems to be going pretty well based on this picture that I received last night. The folks who took him home had adopted a senior shepherd from me some time ago. Malcom died fairly recently and they've been looking for a new companion for their other dog. I think that anyone who has adopted a senior dog walks on water, so I've been looking for a cat-friendly dog for them for a while now.

Gemma and Justin will have wonderful homes if these placements work out, but even if they don't, both dogs will have plenty of good applicants eager to give them homes. All dogs should be so lucky.

2 comments:

kathleen said...

They are both beautiful dogs. Can't wait to see what joins you next.

April Potoka said...

what you do is great and i am in need of help i have a shephard that i was close to getting rid of but it was to painful so i am working with her but i need advice and support and i was just wondering if you could help. My name is April Potoka and you can contact me at 434-465-1515.