Thursday, June 11, 2009

New homes for Filly, Frisky?

Last Sunday I drove to Front Royal, VA, for a VGSR adoption event. It's about 2.5 hours but was well worth the trip at the end of the day.

Filly was adopted by a very nice couple from Maryland who have been driving to VGSR adoption events for several weeks now, anxious and actively looking for a dog. Filly, you may recall, is a skinny little shepherd with a big attitude. It didn't matter that she was a newcomer to the pack; she moved in and took charge. I swear, only a female shepherd could pull it off.

She has a retired daddy now and mom was going to be home for her first couple weeks to help with the bonding and training. She will be a handful, but she is pretty sweet and they have time and apparently needed a dog that would keep the household lively. They got one.

Frisky spent the day at the end of a leash held by a new volunteer from that area. Apparently they bonded when no one was looking and she ended up taking Frisky home to "foster." I've only heard from her once since then, but things seemed to be going well. Hopefully the foster will turn into an adopter so I won't have to worry about and decide how to spell Frisky's name.

She's a great dog, went through some very bad health problems before I got her, so she really deserves a permanent place in the home of a true dog lover. Finally, perhaps the best news of the day was a lead on a possible new home for Samson. I could use more days like this.

2 comments:

kathleen said...

Oh, I'll miss the photos of Frisky, but I hope she has found her true home. What a beautiful dog she is.

Anonymous said...

Wow - Congratulations on all the adoptions! I'll cross my fingers that they all work out!