Sunday, May 16, 2010

No news is good news? I hope.

I haven't told anyone yet, but Bruno went home with someone on Saturday. A woman who had been in touch with me via email was very interested in him. Their application had been processed and approved and a home visit had been done. I usually do a personal visit with the dog as well, but these folks live across the bay on the Eastern Shore. This woman really wanted Bruno though, and they drove over 4 hours to get here Saturday afternoon shortly after I had returned from Natural Bridge with Princess.

Bruno was Bruno, which is to say he was shy and not terribly interested in anyone but me. This lady was not put off by that, however, and she even said that she liked his personality. She particularly liked the fact that he had bonded so closely with me so quickly. He is very much a one person dog, and that is what she wanted.

When I first met Bruno he was still looking for his former owner, whoever that was and wherever he was. Bruno didn't have any interest in strangers. He wasn't aggressive, he would simply do what he could to avoid them. After just a couple days here, however, he decided that I would be his person and he never again let me out of his sight if he could help it. That's the kind of dog he is and that's the kind of dog she wanted.


I encouraged them the take it slow, let him come around on his own time, and these are sensible folks so I expect everything is progressing. Bruno's brain is wired to require a human companion, so I have no doubt that he will adopt this couple as his own.

Isn't he a beauty?

No comments: