Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bolt bolts (to a new home)

When I had Bolt at the vet on Thursday for vaccines, the vet said that she would contact someone she knew who might be interested. They were interested. We exchanged phone messages Friday night and finally talked early Saturday morning. The woman came right out, met Bolt, and took him home.

It doesn't usually happen that fast. But, she came with an excellent recommendation from someone I trust; they are big dog people (there is a Newfoundland in the home already); and I liked the woman (she had the right bumperstickers on a very dog-friendly SUV).

She was prepared to take on the task of dealing with his ear infection and his matted coat, so she was realistic enough to realize that rescue dogs are not always perfect straight off the shelf. They have a large fenced yard and the kitchen is gated off to be one big dog kennel.

All the signals were good. I haven't heard from them yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Newfi liked Bolt and that Bolt will show at least some house manners.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Bookends! A big furry black and a big furry white together--gotta love it. This is the larger version of someone with a Scottie and a Westie. I love Pyrs--wish I could have met Bolt but I'm thrilled you found a home so quickly!