Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's day shit list

With Maya, my rotten little girl
Sometimes I swear that Maya was put on this earth for the specific purpose of trying my patience.  The pic on the left was taken Friday evening at James River Brewing in Scottsville.  She was sweet and loving, as she is.  But by Sunday she was vying with Ochie for the top spot on my shit list.

Sunday morning I fed everyone and then ran up to the nearby gas station to get some gas for the mower.  Maya was already out of the dog yard, out along the road, when I came back after just a few minutes.  But she came when I called her and came back into the house with me.

I put her in the one crate she hasn't been able to escape from because we needed to run up to Lowe's for a few things before we would start the Sunday mowing.  We weren't gone even an hour, but when we returned she had moved the crate so that it blocked the door to the office.  Much worse, she had managed to reach out and grab a big bolster dog bed and was pulling it into her crate through the bars, piece by piece, shredding it and its outer cover in the process.  I was pissed, and she knew it, but of course it didn't last long, and she knew that too.
I gave everyone their heartworm preventative
today, a dose of ivermectin mixed with
propolyne glycol with a generous dose of
canned food to make it palatable. 




Trooper and Maya chowing down


I thought I was done with the container
garden, but last week I saw this planter
at Tractor Supply so I bought a couple
more plants today.  Now I'm done.
Except, Lowe's had a really nice birdbath
that I liked.  Hmmm.

Maya in the pasture
Mad Max

Maya, Max, and Ochie



Charlie
Vince in the garden



Trooper


Maya and Trooper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the post and all the pics. Love that pic of Vince where he is checking out the flowers- like he's performing an inspection! All of them are such cuties!