Monday, June 9, 2014

Out to pasture

Vince is now our most senior dog.
Gigi
There's just two problems with my new zero-turn mower:  (1) It's too big to get into the dog yard; and (2) it doesn't run itself.  I mowed the dog yard with the walk-behind, which is fine, it cuts very well now and I need the exercise.  I plan to still use it for cutting most of the yard anyway.  Then I went out to the pasture to tackle the thick, knee-high grass with the new Husqvarna zero-turn.  It's a good machine, but grass that tall and thick still required a couple passes and some slow going.  After I get it cut down, future mowings should be fast and easy.  I had Sparky out when I was cutting the dog yard and then I took Vince, Gigi, Trooper, and Gambit out with me to the pasture.
When Trooper goes to the pasture he heads immediately to
the front fence and he never leaves it. He runs along with
passing cars and barks at the neighbor's dogs across the road.






Gambit loved the pasture and he ran!
His running is a bit awkward, but he was determined.

He would run for a bit and then plop down to rest, but he
always stayed nearby and covered more ground than was really
necessary. He had that purple rubber toy with him always.


Girlfriend can run when she wants to.


Trooper is so obsessively focused on the fence, the road,
and the neighbor's dogs that I don't take Maya out with him.
She would see what he's interested in and then she would just
jump over the fence and go across the road on her own.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kids had a really good time! Love seeing Gigi in that action shot!!