Monday, May 15, 2023

My lucky day

My mower guy retired a couple years ago. I got by last year with never having the mowers serviced because I only used them to cut the yard, not the pasture. But this spring neither of them started. I could get one started with a jump but it had a broken belt and couldn't cut grass. A new battery got the other one working and I did the initial spring mowing with it, but it really needs oil change and blades sharpened, and the deck needs to be leveled. 

Today Clay sent me a posting he had seen on Next Door about a guy who did small engine repair who had a Troy address. I called him and left a message, he called back and said he was nearby. Ten minutes later he was here with his trailer and loaded up both of my riding mowers. The timing was perfect because I had cut the yard this weekend. By the time it needs it again, I should have at least one of them back.

Right after I had talked to the mower guy, I had a call from Elliot's mom who was on her way back from Richmond where Elliot had a follow up appointment with his neurologist. They stopped by on their way home and I got to see him. He's looking good, healing up well, and is gradually increasing his activity level. For those who don't know or remember Elliot, he was born here along with nine sisters to his mother Allison back in September, 2021. Elliot was diagnosed with Wobbler's disease a while back which would have quickly incapacitated him without surgical intervention. 

The surgery really improved his condition. He still needs to regain some muscle tone and strength, but he's no longer dragging his foot or showing any other impairment. Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes. He's still a very sweet boy.

This blog will be on hiatus for the rest of this week. I'm not giving up fostering, or blogging, but I am taking a bit of a break from both right now.


The site of the incision.




We took Elliot back to Daneland to visit the place he was born. I don't suppose he remembers it, but he spent a lot of time checking it out. It smells like shepherd now, which may have confused him a bit.








1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

So happy to hear he is on the mend!! Enjoy your break from all things internet! :-)