Monday, March 23, 2009

Odds and ends

This post has no real theme. They aren't all gems, folks. Just some odds and ends.

I started a new job on Monday. It's still a temporary thing (through the end of May), and it has no health insurance, but the pay is better than my last temp job, although still about half of my last "real" job. It feels nice to be on someone's payroll again, and I think this job might be interesting at least. It gives me some breathing room anyway as I continue to look for another job.

It's a good time to have less foster dogs too. I'm getting home with enough daylight remaining to get Emmylou and Molly out for a fast hike on the Heritage Trail, followed by a romp in the pasture with Cabell, Bremo, and Zachary, which everyone enjoys.

Here's a pic of Athena, now called Greta. She was adopted by a couple who also have a young male GSD puppy. Apparently she has assumed the role of nanny, which will be good for both of them. Female shepherds need a job, and male shepherds, especially puppies, need a female to tell them what to do.

I haven't heard anything from Bear's new home, but I'm not really expecting any trouble there. Rotties are smart enough to know when they've got a good thing going. Shepherds, on the other hand, sometimes seem to go out of their way to wreck a good opportunity.

Teddy and Bella are having a great time together. Bella got spayed on Monday and didn't slow down a bit.













I had email from Samson's new home the other day. That would be the earlier shepherd named Samson that I had, not to be confused with the crazy one that I have now. This is one of my favorite pics of him, looking expectantly out the window. And finally, a very nice picture of Samson's footprints in the snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are posts supposed to have themes? I hope not. Rambles need to be written, too.