Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big Brother Brady

When I first moved Brady over to the kennel with Bella and Teddy, I was separating Teddy when I wasn't around to supervise because he was always getting stepped on when the bigger dogs would play. That only lasted a day or two, and then Bella got adopted, so Brady has taken over the role of Teddy's older sibling. He's part role model, part playmate, the perfect big brother. The new relationship has been good for both of them.


Teddy has become more sociable with people (me), because Brady is fearless whereas Bella would sometimes run and hide from me (generally because I was pissed at her obnoxious yippy voice.) Brady has learned to scale down his play style to a level more appropriate for a smaller dog, which is always a good trait to have.




Following Brady's lead, Teddy has learned to climb on the platforms in the kennels and dog yard and has learned that he can protect his food from a much larger dog if necessary. Brady has learned to share his food, which is a big step for a dog who was once food aggressive.




I couldn't get a picture of it, but they are adorable when they are sitting side-by-side, perched on one of the elevated platforms watching me filling food bowls or getting ready for work.

They are a great, if somewhat unlikely, pair of dogs.

No comments: