Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A family of dog lovers

Several months ago I had a dog named Jerry, shown with me here at an adoption event. Jerry is a great dog and he was adopted by a very nice man, his wife, and their son. By all accounts, he's been a wonderful family dog.

They live in the Maryland suburbs of D.C., but have property in Nelson County south of Charlottesville. The husband has family in that area as well, including a brother who lives with their father.

Father and brother have three dogs already, but became interested in a VGSR dog named Sassy. She wasn't one of my fosters, but I brought her back with me from last Sunday's adoption event in Gainesville.

She had already bonded tightly with her foster dad and wasn't too sure about coming home with me. She didn't bark or carry on, and she did eat for me, but she spent quite a bit of time pacing the perimeter of her kennel, clearly not too happy and very uncertain about where she was.

Sassy spent one night here and we went to meet her new home Monday evening. She loves the water, as you can see from the picture, and the first thing she did was to wade into the pond at her new place. She cooled off and had a nice long drink. She was fine with the other dogs in the home and seemed to take to both men as well. It's a beautiful home in the woods with plenty of property to walk on and a wonderful pond very near the house. I hope she recognized it as a one-in-a-million dog home and behaves accordingly.

There are two more siblings in the area, I believe, and they all have dogs. I hope that this will not be the last dog I place with this family.

No comments: