Thursday, March 25, 2010

Boys, Boys, Boys

The best way for me to cope with emotional exhaustion is to match it up with physical exhaustion. So yesterday afternoon I loaded up both Sparky and Brady and headed for the trails. Emmylou's harness fit Brady perfectly. Apparently they are about the same girth even though Emmy was much taller and longer.



I had not had Brady out on the trails yet and was pleasantly surprised to learn that he had both trail sense and leash sense. He stuck to the trails better than Sparky and I think he will become the lead dog. He never stopped to mark, nor did he stray off the trail, and he was easy to guide in the direction I wanted to go when the trail forked.

Sparky still bounced from tree to tree, determined to mark the entire forest as his own. Fortunately, he responds well to a verbal command or a jerk on the leash. I had them connected daisy chain style for a while, but that was a little too advanced for these guys at this stage. I just held both leashes and they walked side by side.



Her Holiness, The Most Righteous, Exalted, Lady Ga Ga, has a song called "Boys, Boys, Boys." The lyrics of the refrain go like this:



Boys, Boys, Boys
We like boys in cars
Boys, Boys, Boys
Buy us drinks in bars
Boys, Boys, Boys
With hairspray and denim
Boys, Boys, Boys
We love them!
We love them!





While we were walking, I re-wrote the lyrics:



Boys, Boys, Boys
We can walk for hours
Boys, Boys, Boys
Lift a leg on flowers
Boys, Boys, Boys
Females are trouble
Boys, Boys, Boys
We love them!
We love them!


Ok, it works better with the music running through your head.

My mind has a lot of idle time when walking.

No comments: