Sunday, March 28, 2010

So far, so good

Copper is doing well in his prospective new home. He's good with the cats and is well behaved indoors. She has noticed his smile, the "funny wrinkly face when he's really happy." He wants to be near her all time, plays when she wants to and settles down when she wants quiet. The chickens may be a bigger hurdle, but there's a fenced yard for the dogs away from chicken territory so they have some time to work on that.

Shayna wrote to say that Rocky had his first hike yesterday. These are her pics. Rocky is the dog in the foreground and I believe that is Shika in front of him.

Yesterday I took a good long hike with the two rottie boys, Sparky and Brady. I was too sore to take them today so I took Molly instead but did an even longer hike. When I got home I put Brady and Sparky into the dog yard and pasture for a romp. Brady seems to have gone AWOL. He has learned that he can jump the fence so now he's a containment problem. If he comes back, he'll never get out of the kennels again except to go on leashed walks. He's just reduced his adoption prospects too.

4 comments:

mythreepups said...

Hope Brady returns safe and sound very soon.

We have a solar-powered hot wire that helps keep our dogs at home. The fence is 7 feet high, so going over it is not a problem. The problem is with digging under the fence. The hot wire makes digging a very unattractive idea.

Wendy Keller Harper said...

I hope Brady returns home soon! It's awful when someone goes missing; no matter how careful you are, it happens every now and then when there are multiples to watch over.

How is Teddy doing with his buddy Copper away? Teddy is adorable. I love the shy ones.

Anonymous said...

I also wonder how Teddy is doing now? He and Copper were too cute together!

BudsBuddy said...

I hope Brady gets back safely. My rotties have occasionally gone on "walkabout" too. Since they generally aren't built to cover a lot of territory, like a hound or lab could, they are usually home before dinnertime. Keep us posted.