Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back in business

Today I jumped back into rescue world with both feet and landed up to my waist in German Shepherds.

Samson is an owner surrender from someplace in West Virginia. The owners didn't have time for him anymore. He's about 5-6 years old, calm, well behaved, seems like a nice guy. Another volunteer picked him up and met me out on I-81 up near Front Royal.

On the way back south, I stopped in Harrisonburg at the Rockingham County SPCA and met Bruno. Another volunteer had met him previously, but I wanted to meet him myself before agreeing to foster him. He's just a big puppy, about a year old and very playful. He's mixed with something and I'm guessing it is Bernese Mountain Dog, judging from the coat, the body, and the monster feet.

I put both new dogs in the big kennel with Teddy. Teddy has been lonely and looking for some company. He doesn't know that he's a small dog and he asserted his position already with both the new boys. I think that Bruno and Teddy will be good play buddies. Samson is a bit more mature, but I'm hoping that he will join in some because he really needs to drop at least 10 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brent,

Good to hear you are back in business, Toby (aka Dakota) might need some more company than Niko. Niko is pretty tolerant, but Toby wants to PLAY!!! Do you think Bruno
and Toby would get along? Let me know what you think...

Thanks

Pat

pattollefson@comcast.net