Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's not nice to fool your rottweiler

Saturday was an adoption event at a Best Western motel just up the road at Zion Crossroads. I had said that I'd go, so I loaded up Teddy and Sparky and off we went. Teddy hates going anywhere. He's scared of people, even me, and he prefers to stay at home, always. Sparky is always willing to go anywhere, so he bounded into the van assuming that we were going for a morning hike.

Imagine his disappointment then when I took him out of the van in the motel parking lot instead of at the trailhead. He was a good sport about it and went inside, but the crowd of strange people and strange dogs made us both nervous.

I'm never sure how Sparky is going to react to strangers. Sometimes he's friendly, but sometimes he gives a growl.

We didn't stay long. Later in the afternoon we went for a good long hike on the trails. He forgave me.

2 comments:

mythreepups said...

Teddy cracks me up. He has a plan. I think he's a permanent fixture at your place.

Brent said...

Oh no, he is not. I have a plan too, and it's to find him a home. Right now his best fit is with our cat and the possum who both live under the house. As a trio they'd probably be good together, but that's not my plan, although it might be a good story idea.