Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Email pics and news

I don't have much to say myself, but here are some pics from recent and not-so-recent emails of former foster dogs.

This Tevya, formerly Diego, from back in September when he had his one year anniversary at his new home. They've moved to a larger space and he has a rottie-mix girlfriend who lives nearby. He's a very lucky, and very spoiled dog.


This is Sampson (from Richmond), whose mom is having a baby. They installed a nice tall and secure fence in their very large backyard, which should help facilitate the dog's co-existence with a new baby.
Also enjoying a new, huge, fenced yard is Tippy (my former foster) and her big brother, Mo. They have anytime access to their new back yard in New York via a doggie door.

Around the same time that I had Tippy, I had another girl named Filly. I recall them being about the same size, a little smallish, but Filly (now called Duchess) has filled out and developed into quite a regal looking shepherd, although the owners report that she's still actually quite goofy.

And finally, for now, here is a picture of Jasper with a 10 week old Shih Tsu puppy. Jasper has the biggest bark of any German Shepherd Dog I have ever heard. He is big, his bark is even bigger, and it's quite intimidating. It's a defense mechanism, but the dog is quite protective of his home. Happily, he landed the absolute perfect home for him and he has learned to live with other dogs, small dogs, and even several cats. He is still wary of strangers but apparently he has quite good paternal instincts in dealing with puppies.
The really great thing about having so many adopted foster dogs is that their owners often refer their friends and family, not just to the resuce, but to me, when they are looking for a dog. That creates sort of a pre-screened pool of applicants. Consequently, I have a couple possible prospects for Trooper. I have to get him out in public and see if he will trust me enough to be comfortable around strangers.

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

I love the picture of Jasper with the 10-week-old Shih Tsu puppy. You take super photos and write excellent notes.
Thank you.