Friday, April 16, 2010

Quite a week

It's been quite a week.

Last Saturday: Bruno got adopted, before I ever got him out in public. That was good. He subsequently tested positive for Lyme disease, but at least he was heartworm negative and Lyme is easier to treat.


Monday: A woman and her daughter drove down here and adopted Samson. He moved in with 2 girls and 2 other shepherds. I might have the Bruno/Samson adoptions confused in my head already. But they both went to good homes, I was very happy.


Wednesday: I went to CASPCA and brought home a new shepherd, also named Bruno, and a feral rottie mix pup. (He will appear in a later post.) This Bruno had been found as a stray and had been caught in a humane trap. I met him when he first came in and at least once after that before I took him. He worried me. He looked lost, was obviously looking for someone and not finding him. He had no interest in anyone and seemed hell bent on getting out. He actually did escape once from the shelter but he didn't take off. He hung around and actually went back into the trap. I've been scared to leave him in a kennel unless I'm outside with him because I think he could jump or climb. He's terrible on a leash and constantly wraps himself, and the leash, around you when you try to walk. But he actually started to come around fairly quickly at home. I had him in a crate in my office and he would lay there and watch me, apparently deciding if I could qualify as the center of his attention.


Thursday: Cooper and Cassie went back home after several weeks here while their owners delivered a pair of twins of their own. I'm sure they were glad to be back home even if home will never been quite the same again with two new babies in the house.


Friday: Bruno had to go back to the vet at CASCPA because his scrotum was badly infected and swollen. He had surgery again today to remove it and I'll get him back home again tomorrow. Also today, Austin (not pictured) came again for the weekend, which is nice because it gives Teddy some company. I also picked up Stoney this morning because his mom went to the hospital in the early morning. He will stay until she is feeling better.

I actually got my work done for the week and managed to get in at least three hikes with Sparky. I don't have any commitments for the weekend so I have to work on getting mowers running and grass cut, and do something about the mess in the house.

1 comment:

Ann said...

"...a feral Rottie mix pup"??! How wild is this young thing? that's a heck of a cliff-hanger--I'd love to hear the rest of the story. Ann