Saturday, April 10, 2010

Springtime in the woods

I haven't had much to say this week. Clay's been out of town and I've been busy with work.

I've been hiking most days, with various combinations of dogs. I tried Molly and Zachary but that pair lacked a leader. I tried Molly and Sparky, but she was a bit annoyed with him bouncing around. Molly is not as keen on the walks as she was when she would go out with Emmylou. She really prefers her pasture romps with the boys at home.

Sparky is shaping up to be my best hiking partner. He loves it. The exercise is good for both of us.

The unseasonably warm weather last week really has accelerated spring around here. The redbuds are out and are beautiful. There are small wildflowers and ferns sprouting from the forest floor. The dogwoods are just beginning to come out now too.

No comments: