Saturday, April 24, 2010

Super Trooper


I got a mower started finally on Monday and got my nose and lungs full of dust and pollen. I think it started out as a severe allergic reaction, but may have developed into a cold or sinus infection. I lost a half day's work on Wednesday because I couldn't get out of bed for much of the day and then had to make up the work on Thursday. So, it has not been a great week for blogging. But on Saturday I went to the VGSR meeting in northern VA and then brought home a new foster called Trooper.

He's about 18 months old, and is scared. He tries the ferocious shepherd act and he's got a big bark, but you can take one look at him and see that he's just a scared little boy. He was a West Virginia country dog and has never met many strangers. As soon as I got his leash and he sniffed me, we were ok.


He hopped in the car on his own and rode home without a crate with his head near me pretty much all the way. That explains how he was able to drop a tick down my back. By the time we got home, I was already his best friend. It doesn't take too much to win him over.

He met Clay with only the least little bark, but obviously we will need to work on exposing him to new people and new situations so he's not so scared.

He's a good looking boy, even with his tipped ears. He has his own music video, by Abba.

6 comments:

mythreepups said...

I love the tipped ears!

Shayna said...

What a cutie! Too bad I can't have 3 hiking buddies in my apartment. Probably a good thing I don't have a house! ;)

Scott Rothe said...

He is soooo cute...and so are the ears!

Sara Lahmann said...

he sure is a handsome boy!!

Sara Lahmann said...

he sure is a handsome boy!

Denise said...

he's adorable! and the ears just add to his cuteness.