Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Facebook adoption

A while back, a blog reader suggested that I post links to my blog on my Facebook page. She also explained how to do so. Clay had been a Facebook user, and I had a page but hadn't done anything with it in months. Posting the link was easy, however, and a lot more people saw my blog.

And now Facebook is responsible for Abigail's adoption. Someone saw her on my blog via Facebook and sent the link to someone else who contacted me about adopting her. I never did get her on Petfinder, which is just as well because I would have gotten a flood of inquiries from all across the country.

Her new home is a great one. They have a young, male, French Bulldog for her to play with and it sounds like they are having a great time. Abigail and I drove about halfway to her new home. They live in southern Maryland, about 3 hours from me. We met at the Carmel Church exit off of I-95, just about an hour and a half for each of us. I almost always do a face to face meeting with the other dog in a prospective adoption, but I just didn't have any doubts about Abigail's ability to get along with other dogs. Their Frenchie sounded the same way, so I just sent her home.


They seem to be getting along well, as we both expected. This is a great little girl, I know they will love her.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent, We absolutely adore her. She got to go the beach today, and really enjoyed the water, although reluctantly. It's interesting that she is so easy going because she asserted her dominance very early on with Chowder. Chowder took it in stride. I have never had multiple dogs where the "more submissive" one was the more high strung. They are a really great combo, and when I walk them I think I have two truffle pigs on the end of leads. She is the sweetest girl and I am so thankful to you.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

I love reading your blog and reading Facebook too.
How about that, A Facebook adoption.
Congratualations to the new human in her life.
It sure sounds like she is one of the luckiest dogs in the world.