Monday, June 14, 2010

Trooper has a sleep over

I've been sitting on Trooper for a while now. He's a great dog. Cute, sweet, devoted, and doesn't have much use for strangers, everything I like in a dog. He is scared of strangers so he tries to scare them off with a big in-your-face bark. Anyone with shepherd sense can easily spot him as phony, however. Once he realizes his scare tactics don't work, he backs off. He's actually easy to win over too. A handful of treats and a short walk on a leash, and he quickly takes his preferred and rightful place as "dog" in the dog/human dyad.

Trooper's prospective adopter is a former adopter as well. She still has the last dog she adopted from me, Starr, who can be a bit of a bitch. Trooper is pretty submissive to other dogs so I think he stands a very good chance of working out a relationship with Starr. They've had two prior meetings, one here and one on Starr's home turf, with no problems between them. I took him back over there this afternoon to spend a night or two and hopefully for the rest of his life. The dogs have a huge, wooded, fenced dog yard, with access to the house and air conditioning any time they want through a doggie door.

Starr needs a canine companion whether she knows it or not, and I think he's the best match for her that I've had in quite a while. It's a great, great home, I just hope it works out well for everyone involved.

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

It sounds good for Star and Trooper. He is very handsome. Another great job.