Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grrrrrrrrr

It's been one of those "why do I do this?" kind of days.

I had a late morning vet appointment with Lexi and Axle. Got the vaccines done for both. Both have hook worms, and Lexi has heartworms. That's my first case of heartworm in quite a while. We have a week of pre-treatment meds and then she will go in for the immiticide treatments next Wednesday. She is now a 2+ month foster at least.

I get home and have a phone message, Trooper is being returned. Not because of a problem with the owner, not because of a problem with Starr--the two dogs are playing together, getting along great--but because a chickenshit housesitter is scared of the dog. Now, to be fair, Trooper did do the big in-your-face bark at her, but she apparently has flatly refused to try or ever housesit again if Trooper is adopted. My thoughts on this are really not suitable for print.

So Trooper comes back. My alternative dog for this adopter, Thor, is friendly enough, and she's interested, but Thor currently has a nasty case of diarrhea and really isn't suitable for placement at the moment.

I go to the computer the check email before getting back to work, and find that one of my possible placements for Axle has backed out--not a good time for them apparently.

To top it off, Bremo shits all over the floor downstairs, apparently suffering from the same bug that Thor has. This means everyone has it or will have it, so no one is getting any food today or tomorrow.

Now, if none of these dogs are ready now and if all my prospective homes crap out, so be it. I don't want them going anywhere until everything is right for a permanent placement. But damnit, I need to see some progress. I am talking to someone about Abigail, the dog I'd least like to adopt out, and I have another prospect for Axle. Got to keep looking for that bright side on days like this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Samalu28#p/u/15/8hZQzbjU3z0

I'm off to cook chicken and rice, dose dogs with metronidazole and strongid, and buy canned pumpkin.

4 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

What a crappy day, Brent! But remember, there are people who have beloved dogs because you helped us find them. I hope things turn around for you soon!

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Good luck with the pumpkin. I am very sorry. What a bad time right now.
Apparently, the lady really, really loves her house keepter?
~Bonnie

BudsBuddy said...

At times like this, I often find the best course of action is ... take a nap. Cleaning up the shit and everything else can wait for a little while, and may not seem so onerous after you've had a mini- vacation from all the headaches.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I've been sick for a week with whatever is ailing your dogs. Would you cook plain boiled rice for me too?