Monday, June 14, 2010

A trucker's dog

Here's the other dog I brought home yesterday along with the boxer, Abigail. Axle belonged to a trucker who used to take him on the road with him. He's probably 2-3 years old now and I guess he didn't want to take him anymore. Leaving him at home with his wife didn't work because she had a new baby and didn't have time for or interest in the husband's dog. Their loss is Axle's gain.

I don't know much about him yet, but he's a nice, friendly dog with a classic shepherd look. He rode nicely in the car without a crate--wasn't in my face and no car sickness--one benefit of having been a trucker's dog, I guess.

I shouldn't have him for long. He had been sharing a pen with Abigail at Linda's place after being pulled from the shelter while waiting for me to be ready to take them. I brought him home yesterday and moved him in with Teddy and another new shepherd, Thor. He seems to get along well with everyone. He needs a bath, mostly to remove a lot of old dead hair in his coat. It's hot as hell again today, so a bath outside will feel pretty good for both of us.


1 comment:

mythreepups said...

Welcome back from your trip.

Looks like a very good dog. Someone will be thrilled to have him.

Good luck with the bath. My dogs could use the bath treatment, as well. Maybe this afternoon.