Friday, November 10, 2017

Finally, some sun

It's been a cloudy, rainy, wet week. If not for the bright spot that was this year's election, it would have been really dark and tedious. Friday finally brought back the sunshine. It was chilly, and Friday night is supposed to be our first really hard freeze, but it's time. I don't mind the cold as long as the sun shines.

The dogs feel pretty the same as I do about the weather. They were bored and I suspect somewhat disillusioned with me, coming to the realization that I could not control the weather. I think Maya still believes that I could but for some reason refused to, making her rather annoyed with me, which she expresses vocally and without restraint. Rain means mud, of course, but fortunately I had bought a few bales of straw last weekend which helped with mud control in the dog yard, AC yard, and kennels.

At least Friday was a decent day for several of the dogs to have some outdoor time and I finally got out for a hike about mid-afternoon with Maya and TJ. We got in about 3.5 miles and got back home in time to get everyone fed before dark.



A particularly colorful oak leaf.
I was a little under dressed for Friday afternoon's hike, which
resulted in a much faster pace than we've been doing lately.






No comments: