Monday, November 6, 2017

On Samantha Time

It's been five months since our old girl, Samantha, died. I was thinking about her recently, specifically about how she always tried to advance dinner time to the middle of the afternoon. She would probably like this time of year because with daylight savings time ended, I have advanced dinner time for the dogs so I'm not feeding in the dark. We'll call it Samantha Time.

The other thing I did on Samantha Time today was hike. I worked in the morning and then took a long mid-day break and took three dogs out for a five mile hike. If I had waited until late afternoon, we wouldn't have had time for more than a very short walk before dark.

I took Maya and TJ, of course, but Trooper really wanted to go too, so he did. It wasn't a really cool day so five miles was pushing it for both TJ and Trooper, but they hung in there. I let Trooper set the pace and picked a route with minimal elevation changes, and three water crossings.

It was a beautiful day and I did "evening" feed when we got home, while it was still light outside. Our boarders (Toquima and Scarlett) have both gone home now so we are down to 10 dogs. That may sound like a lot, but I can get them all fed in 15 minutes or less.































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love TJ.