Monday, March 25, 2019

Sweet Serena


It's no secret that Sweet Serena has walked in and plopped her big Dane self down on my heart. How she found room with Maya occupying that space is a mystery, but she has and the two girls have co-existed very well. Maya is quite confident in her position around here, and Serena is young and has a lot to learn. I'm not sure I want Maya teaching her everything she knows, but there's not much I can do about that.
Serena's bed is separated from mine by a narrow walkway,
about 18" wide. Somehow, her bed seems to be inching closer
and closer to mine each night.

I'm quite smitten by this big girl and these pictures explain why.





She is a fine looking dog.

She's young, inquisitive, goofy, and fun. Serena makes me smile.

She's also incredibly endearing.
Gigi got to me by putting her paw on me.
Serena puts her head under my hand for contact.

We'll be walking along and her head appears under my hand.
She'll walk this way for a bit, keeping my hand in contact
with her head. The side of her face, her ears, and her
muzzle are some of the softest things I've ever touched.





She sleeps in what had been Vince's spot and she shares nicely with Sparky.
Sometimes they even share the giant crate in my office, although Sparky would rather not.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Serena.. she's quite the beauty!

Jamie