Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Next Day

My Friday afternoon walk with Maya, Serena, and Theo got stormed out, so I tried it with the same trio on Saturday. The day was bright and sunny, not a cloud in sight. There was some wind but it was really a nice day. There were quite a few other people out, but really we only encountered a couple and we were able to switch directions to successfully avoid them all.

The woods aren't green yet but you do see buds forming.
Theo was our fearless leader for the whole four mile route. Serena either walked with him or by my side most of the time. Maya brought up the rear, allowing her to keep an eye on everything. She would take a forward position when she sensed something interesting, but it was midday so there wasn't much wildlife about.

The "trails closed" signs were up because things were pretty muddy from the rain the other day. We did head into the woods at both ends of the roadway, however, on trails that I knew would be pretty dry and solid. I did avoid the really muddy routes, because slogging through mud is no one's idea of fun.

Near the end I tried getting them up on a picnic table for nice heroic poses against the beautiful blue sky, but no one really cooperated. Serena wouldn't get up on the table at all. Theo and Maya did but wouldn't put their ears up for me. Gigi was the only dog I've had who really knew how to pose for pictures.
Maya likes bringing up the rear and I don't
have to worry about her back there, which
allows me to concentrate on the other two.

Serena's ears and jowls show that there was still some pretty
gusty wind out there today, but nothing like yesterday.

A windy spot or moment.

I'm glad the two girls get along so well.







Theo hopped right up onto the table for me and stood nicely,
but he would not give me both ears up.



I need to carry a dog whistle or squeaker or something to
get their attention for pictures.


We had a really nice walk on a beautiful day.


No comments: