Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Dane digestive issues

Dobby eating chicken and rice
with some canned pumpkin.
Well, I still don't have much good to say. The rain and mud continues and promises to get worse before it gets better. All I can think of that's positive is can you imagine how deep the snow would be if all this rain came during an actual winter?

Dobby's guts went south like Sherman Sunday night in the crate. I threw away the bed, but still spent much of Monday cleaning two Dane crates, the adjacent heat vent, a lot of the flooring, and Dobby himself. I still haven't eradicated the smell from my office. He went on the 24 hour fast with Imodium and then started back eating chicken and rice. This evening I gave him a handful of dog food with the rice for the first time. He's camping out in the Puppy Palace until his digestive tract is back to normal. He doesn't mind that, fortunately, and the temperatures have been pretty mild. He woke us about 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning barking out there. I got up and went out and opened the door. He came out and tried to poop but really had nothing but gas, then he went back inside and so did I.

Tuesday afternoon we had a pause in the rain and the sun even tried to peek out briefly. I took Maya and Della out for our two mile walk at Pleasant Grove. Maya seems to have stopped the excessive licking of her foot right after our vet visit. I have to wonder if she made a connection between licking her foot and going to the vet, and if that's why she decided to stop it. I'll see if today's walk aggravates it and causes her to start up the licking again. I hope not.






You can still see the stain and irritation on her left
front foot, but I don't see her licking it recently.






No comments: