Friday, February 21, 2020

Let's get Kami a new home

It's time for Kami to get adopted. It's my fault for not taking her to enough outings over the winter, but it's time.

She's a young girl, between 1-2 years old I believe, a white German Shepherd Dog, spayed, current on vaccines and on heartworm preventative. She's crate-trained, and although I never promise that a dog is housetrained, I've also never had a female German Shepherd Dog pee or poop in my house.

Kami likes other dogs, she's very playful, and she came from a house with multiple children covering a wide range of age. I don't know about cats. She was given up simply because the prior owners didn't have time for her. She had mostly lived outdoors, and was given up so she could have a chance at a better life.

Kami hasn't had much training, but she will "sit" on command and she comes when called. I take her out to the pasture or dog yards without a leash. She follows the other dogs and comes when I call her. She likes toys and will go after anything you throw for her, but she won't necessarily bring it back. She's not bad on a leash compared to many fosters I've had. She doesn't pull but she may wonder back and forth as much as the leash allows.

Kami is always happy, always has a smile on her face, and is always happy to do something, anything that you want to do. I took her on a hike today and she loved it.

Kami is available through Promises Animal Rescue, and you can reach her foster home at vadogrescue@gmail.com.




Shepherd ears


Kami with a stick and a smile.




She didn't wade deep into the water, but she wasn't scared
of it either. 









No comments: