Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Little Man's Big Adventure

Clay's brother, Hugh, came down from New York on the train yesterday evening. He's staying with their mother in Charlottesville. This afternoon I took Little Man in to meet him and left him there along with a crate, food, leashes, toys, dishes, and assorted supplies. If all goes reasonably well Hugh will be renting a car and driving him back to New York on Sunday. 

He's not a dog who has had a lot of life experiences, so he's a bit shy and scared of new things. However, I've been keeping him on a leash by my side for the past few days and it was really made a difference in his trust level for me. I've advised Hugh to do the same, so they will have a lot of togetherness as they get acquainted and as the dog learns about life in the city.

Fingers and paws crossed, we hope this goes well. 







He was very interested in a proffered squeaky toy.







Hugh sent me these pictures later in the afternoon. He seems to be getting comfortable.





And suddenly we are down to a scant seven dogs, our six plus just one foster, Journey. That's the same number we had a year ago at this time when the last of Della's puppies went home. Just in time for my trip to Kansas on Friday.

p.s., Maya is doing well, coping with the cone without complaint. She will be complaining more when I leave on Friday.



1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Little Man looks so happy! He's a cutie and I'm excited for his new life! Glad to hear Maya is doing ok! I'm sure she will be even happier when you return and she has lost the cone!